Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Controversial Truths (Website)

Two nights ago I stumbled across a highly interesting website.

In various groups, I keep hearing various persons use the name Yahweh as the name of the Lord.  As a young woman, I had a friend whose father worshiped with the Jehovah's Witnesses, among other groups, and she frequently would use the name Yahweh for God.  I remember thinking it was weird.  Like, really, really weird, such that I thought she was a little "not all there".  But after reading this site, and having things explained in such a clear fashion, it makes a who lot of sense.

The site's name is Righteous Warriors.com, and the article which discusses this can be found here.  There is a whole series, much of which I have not yet covered, and may or may not support or agree with, but I found the first two articles in the series on Controversial Truths to be very enlightening.  In fact, I've found them so enlightening that I've considered adjusting my prayers accordingly, and may even try using a new version of the Bible for study.  (GASP!)  That's a pretty big deal for me.  No official decisions made yet though.  But if reading a new version makes the Bible all the more understandable as the author indicates, I should be all for it.

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to share thoughts or comments if you check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.