Monday, May 1, 2017

A New Tongue

But 
behold 

my beloved brethren

thus came the voice of the Son
unto me saying
"After you have repented 
of your sins 
and witnessed 
unto the Father
that you
are willing to keep 
my commandments 
by the baptism of water 
and 
have received 
the baptism of fire 
and of the Holy Ghost 
and can speak with a new tongue 
yes 
even with 
the tongue of angels 
and after 
this should deny me 

it would have been better 
for you 
that you had not known me"

And I heard a voice from 

the Father 

saying "yes, 
the words of my beloved 
are true and faithful

He 

that endures to the end 
the same 
will be saved" 

And now my beloved brethren
I know by this 
that unless a man will endure 
to the end 
in following the example 
of the Son of the living God 
he cannot be saved 

wherefore do the things which I have told you 
-Nephi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.