Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Got a Headache

Does anyone remember that line from Kindergarten Cop?  "I got a headache."

Today was a busy day.  Lots of fun, but lots of screaming kids also.  And when I say screaming, I mean SCREAMING!!!  Ahhhhhh!!!!  Which brought me to lots of headache.  Ouch.

Sometimes you know something, but applying it to yourself is a different story.  That's the case with Peppermint oil.  I know it works for headaches, but I always seem to wait out the pain, as if it's going to go away if I just relax.  For years, I avoided taking medicine for headaches because at one point along the way I started getting a reaction from my liver to so much ibuprofen.  (This was taken for postpartum delivery pain.) So to compensate, I just dealt with the pain as best I could, rather than cause any further stress to my liver.  But I forget that I don't have to worry about that anymore!  Not with oils!

So to deal with headaches, one of the most common remedies is to put Peppermint on the head.  I asked my awesome dad (from whom the subtitle of this blog is inspired by) to demonstrate.


Mmmm, not quite like that.  You're supposed to put it on your forehead.


Rrrrr, not like that either.  I mean, you put it on your hands, and then put it on your forehead or neck.  You might want to also dilute it with a bit of fractionated coconut oil, in case your skin is sensitive.  (Peppermint oil can be super-cooling on the skin.)


My dad's such a great sport!


It's amazing how quickly and efficiently this stuff works.  All from the natural essences of a peppermint plant. Thank God!  (I do!)  And thanks to my #1DAD for being such a ham for the camera! :)  He sure makes life fun!  (Happy Father's Day this weekend!!! xoxo!)

1 comment:

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.