Saturday, April 14, 2012

Givens Hot Springs

So this week has been crazy!  I had hoped to update my Genesis Challenge each day, and it's been a challenge even to find time to read!  Our family took a Spring Break trip to visit my sister in Idaho, so not much of any blogging has taken place.

I did want to share a wonderful experience I had on the trip, besides the awesomeness of spending time with my sister.  (And even more awesome was the fact that we had a total of ZERO arguments.  YAY!)

On Wednesday, we were planning on leaving and coming home, but once we got on the road, I thought, "WHY are we leaving so early?  We're all getting along.  We're having a great time.  Why not stay another day?"  So we asked the kids if they were game (which of course they were), and decided to stick around another day.

That night, we visited a place called "Givens Hot Springs".  It's a little destination in the country, south of Boise/Caldwell area.  Just driving to find it reminded me of the country roads of Pennsylvania, where I grew up.  Loved it.

(photo source)

When we arrived, we got in the waters quite quickly.  It's set up like an old-school swimming pool.  It looks a little rickety and rustic, but you get in the water, and it feels like a hot bath.  Ahhhhh.

We swam about as long as our bodies could take it.  Then we'd get out, take a break, and get back in.  After a few times of this, my kids faces were turning rosey, so I figured it was probably time to get out.  Once we did, and we all got changed and headed home, the most wonderful feeling came over me.  It felt like my spirit was cleansed.  I could breathe deeply. 

I asked my sister if the water had minerals in it.  She thought it did, and if anything had the same elements of a "hot bath".  Having read a little about special baths, I learned that when you add things like baking soda, lavender, or other "cleansing" substances, the aura (or your energy field, spirit, whatever you want to call it) can be cleansed, leaving you with a natural high.  I'd do it once a week if I lived in Idaho! It was as if I'd been carrying weighted balloons, and their cords were all cut, so that the only balloons that remained were the ones that lifted me quite high into the sky.  Weird, but true. 

Anyways, just wanted to share.  If you live near natural hot springs or mineralized water, I recommend it as often as you feel so inclined.

I also wrote up a basic review (almost 2 years ago now) with pictures on my other blog.  Let me know what you think!

Comment question: Have you ever swam in hot springs?  Mineralized waters?  What did you think?  What was your experience like?  Please feel free to share!  I'd love to hear what works for you!
  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to try a hot springs so much! I have arthritis, so maybe I could write off a trip as a medical expense? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think so! I bet you would love it, S.! Thanks for stopping by & commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.