Monday, April 16, 2012

Health Bus: Couscous Salad!

Today on the health bus I wanted to share something fun I tried yesterday.  This:


It's a grain called couscous.  I was introduced to it a few years ago, and had never heard of it until the day I tried it.  It's an uncommon grain, and I'm only familiar with one brand that sells it, which is Near East.  It's SO fast and easy to make.  You simply boil water, add the couscous (plus a little oil and salt, if you like), turn off the heat, and 5 minutes later it's done!  SO easy!

For lunch yesterday, I added the following to my couscous:
  • chopped red bell peppers
  • diced celery
  • pineapple chunks
  • mandarin oranges
  • whole almonds
It was light, filling, and healthy as I could imagine.  My husband added garlic and butter and sauteed his a few minutes longer.  It's highly versatile and easy on the stomach.  I highly recommend it!

Comment question: Have you ever tried couscous?  What's your favorite thing to add to it or eat it with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.