Monday, October 8, 2012

I Lost. But God Wins.

For many months now, I have been trying to cancel an account with Gold's Gym in Utah.  Long, long story there, which I won't go into.  I do want to share what I observed from my transactions with them, which I feel may be useful on the whole.

When I talk to someone and get an instant slimy, combative spirity feeling from the get-go, I know I'm likely going to lose the discussion, no matter what it may be.  The point of decision is there.  Do I fight, or do I give in?  Is it worth a battle?  How much money is worth a battle?  In regards to the case of Gold's Gym, I have sufficient email documentation to illustrate that I am in the right.  In trying to plead my case, however, I felt as though the evil that consumes their corporate offices infiltrated into me.  It was, indeed, evil.  It was as if it took over my body, my heart, my soul.  It made me shake.

I have had this feeling before, and it often comes in a time where I feel I am not being understood, or misjudged.  It is a feeling of being falsely accused - truths are twisted, and I am am made into a liar.

I have a lot of weaknesses, but I am not a liar.

In dealing with situations like these, I am learning that no matter what, it is better to hold on to the light.  In the end, all will be made known.  All things, good and evil, will be made known from the hilltops, and wrongs will be made right.  Does that make it easy in the interim?  Absolutely not.  Working with Gold's Gym was one of the most horrid business transactions I have ever dealt with, and I am not even sure that it is done.  But I have learned one lesson, after over 60 hours of composing (and recomposing) letters that will never be sent and read.  It is not worth the fight.  I do rather give it to God, and let Him take care of the overage they charged me.

Perhaps this strikes such a powerful chord in me because in more serious events of my life, I have felt that truths have been twisted.  In my past experience, I have been made to be a liar, when I wasn't one.  My words have been mistaken to mean something other than they were, and I have lost greatly because of it.  Daily, I get to live with the consequences.  It is worth fighting to some point, but after that, when I realize that the other party would rather hold to their mistruth or misperceptions than find the truth, I give up.  I give it to God.

And so it is with Gold's.  They have an extra $155-ish that I dispute they owe me.  I spent countless hours worrying and fighting over it.  But it's not worth the money to me anymore, to worry over this blessed money.  It could be a lot worse.  I've read of some unjust people who finagle millions of hard earned money out of people due to "contracts".  But God will take care of it.  When this happens, it ALL comes down to trust.  Do I trust God will be just?  Do I trust they will get their just rewards?  Or do I trust that possibly I will need to be forgiven of equal crimes, and hope that by my forgiving them, I too will be forgiven?  I don't know.  Either way, I'm trying.

I am happy that Gold's gets to keep the money I disputed with them over for many wasted hours of my life.  But the good news is, I at least learned how to quickly and easily identify the spirit of the devil.  He makes me shake.  Even when I look back at other encounters with other "holy" people, I realize now who I was dealing with.  Now I can recognize him a whole lot quicker, no matter whose mortal body he's sitting with.  Praise God for that.

Was it worth it?  Absolutely, because now I know to run like the wind, or do whatever I need to to keep God's spirit with me, rather than let the evil one take over.  God wins with this woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.