Friday, October 12, 2012

The First Vision, Part 2

Yesterday I was heartily pondering some ideas regarding Joseph Smith's First Vision.

When he asked God the question he went into the grove of trees to ask, he got a remarkable answers.  He asked which church he should join.

Such a simple question.  Have you ever asked God that?

Part of the answer Joseph received was to join none of them, for "they draw to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me" (JSH 1:19).

If I am to look introspectively, do I do that?  Do I draw near unto God with my lips alone?  Is my heart far from Him?

How about the church of which I attend?  Do we draw near unto him with our lips?  Are our hearts near or far from God?

Just curious.  No judgment.  Just sincere, honest, introspection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.