Friday, April 18, 2014

A Good Friday Baptism

Dear Magdalene,

You were born on Good Friday.  Around 8-9 am.  Was it 9:01?  9:03?  I don't remember for sure.  I'm positive it's written somewhere.

It is only fitting that you were baptized this day.  I didn't want a big crowd, and you did.  We invited the ward, but in my opinion, the best of the best showed up.  It was family, your Primary teacher, the bishop and his family, and two other friends, one with spouse and one with grandkids.  Perfectly fitting.  I just wish I had known they were the only ones who would have shown up.  I would have invited everyone to wear pants, come with their scriptures, and done away with printing a "professional" program.



Your Aunt spoke on baptism, and shared the analogy of the penny, one being brand new, and the other being worn with years of use.  Baptism washes clean the tarnish we accumulate.

WaWa spoke on the Holy Ghost, and brought balloons.  You can feel his influence subtly, yet clear if you are paying attention.

We ate brownies, cupcakes, veggies, and jelly beans.  But none of that matters, because what matters is that you have made a statement to God that you are willing to follow him.  I don't know if you know or understand the gravity of it, and with time you may feel its importance.  I do believe you are mature and in-tune enough with God that you realize this was a wonderful day.  You told me you were "excited", and that you laughed as you got in the water.  I don't think it was just fun for you; I think in your heart you are well prepared, and felt the joy of the occasion.  We were all celebrating!

Grandma and angels were there.  Many of them.

I love you to the moon and back.  And even though there were only a few other humans there, they all love you to the moon and back as well.  What a wonderful, beautiful, love filled evening.

Love you immensely,
~Mom<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.