Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Magic 8 Ball Miracle

I would be remiss if I didn't testify...

Had to start the post like that.  This is one of those kinds of follow-ups.

My last post I compared a Magic 8 Ball to a Liahona.  The topic of the post came to me when I was reading the verses included.  I study here and there, but often when I blog something, it's because the insight comes strong enough to my heart and mind that my intellect is then connected to the knowledge that I need to share it.  That's what I did with the last post.

It's funny because Magic 8 Balls used to be really popular when I was a kid.  We never owned one though.  To be completely honest I rarely, if ever, think of them, and when I studied Alma 37 and wrote the post, it was probably the first time in years I had thought of one.  I am confident to say that it's probably been well over 12 years that I have not even touched one, if not longer.  [And I remember thinking it would be cool if I posted a picture of one, but I didn't want to take the time to search one out and copy and paste it in here.  Ah well for the picture variety.]

Well last Thursday I had my car into the shop to get our state inspection.  I tried to set it up on Monday, but they were too full of appointments at the shop, so the soonest they could get me in was Thursday.  That day, we had struggled to figure out how to drop the van off and get the kids to school.  Typically we take two cars and drop one off the night before, and retrieve it later.  This time I had to take it in and wait.  All this, after a summer-long of repairs.  We were several days late getting it in as well.

Anyways, I sat down to read, after explaining to the mechanic owner that I'd need to stay and wait.  I hoped he didn't mind.  I pulled out a book to read, called The Emotion Code, by Dr. Bradley Nelson.  This quote at the beginning struck me as so true.

Truth is stranger than fiction, but this is because fiction is obliged to stick to probability; truth is not. -Mark Twain
I read for over an hour, and was astounded at the amazing level of truth and insight the book contained.  To put the first 45 pages briefly, it demonstrated that we are all made of molecules which are 99.9% empty space.  The empty space is what connects us, and our molecules which make up our body and spirit.  However despite this space, we are connected both physically and energetically.  We can transmit information by frequency, or the energy it takes to vibrate the molecules in connection with the air.  The information is truth, which connects us not only to our own being, but also to the space and world, and even universe around us.  It also connects us to God.  This truly makes it possible for us to "feel" God with us, and for God to "be" in connection with us.  My friend calls this "grace", and stresses this as a major point of practicing Christian meditation.  To become still enough to "feel" God through our skin, despite the fact that He possesses an immortal body.  (God is Omnipotent and Omnipresent.)  That's another post though, and probably one I don't have the words or capability to quantify.

This book also discusses muscle testing, and how to do it.  Muscle testing is a tool, similar to dowsing, lie-detector tests, heartbeat monitors or other sensors which utilizes physical elements to discover truth about either physical or otherwise difficult to detect truths.  They rely on science, energy, and vibrations.  The book linked to scientific studies and articles regarding the brain as well, indicating this is all backed up by provable science.  I really appreciated having those studies footnoted.

Well as I was reading, the mechanic came back in and out of the office to record car notes, I suppose.  I looked up at him at the desk at one point, and noticed this, sitting on the desk.


Whaaaaat?????  I just blogged about this!  I asked the owner what it was for.  He said people are always asking him stuff like, "Will my car make it if I drive it to Florida?"  He said he tells them, "I don't know!  Ask the Magic 8 Ball."

So after he left, just for kicks I picked it up and gave it a jiggle, not really thinking too hard.


It told me to "Concentrate and ask again".  Ok.  I laughed.  You've got to be kidding me.  Was I wrong in my post?

Well, I'd been stressed over a bus stop situation at my kids' school.  Long story short, it had stressed me so much that it troubled me for days.  So remembering the post, and remembering the Liahona is NOT a Magic 8 ball, I thought to ask God, "God, could this act as a Liahona?  Could you give me some peace over this bus situation?  Can I use this to get an answer on this, so I can quit stressing?"  I had felt full of confusion.

So despite saying a Magic 8 Ball is NOT a Liahona, I asked God to have an answer to the question I posed.

I looked at it again.


I prayed.  Remembering that muscle testing is a tool, I realized that God can even use things like this to give answers.  He can use ANYTHING to give us answers, we just need to be faithful to accept it as such.  So despite my post, YES, a Magic 8 Ball CAN be a Liahona.  Or at least offer some direction.  "Will Mr. ___ and Dr. ___ move the bus stop to _____?  I really would appreciate it.  I know I have not exhibited any faith in the situation or asked You before.  But please, can you change or soften their hearts so they will change the bus stop to ___?  I am exerting faith now, and would like to be free from this horrible mood that has bothered me and stressed me out now for days."  I flipped it over.


Oh boy!!!  I laughed!  I smiled!  The funk I was in shifted.  I actually believe this was an answer to my prayer, my visualization of where the new bus stop will be.  Granted I have yet to see if it will be changed, or if the school folks will give a crap and actually come out and reconsider the stop.  But I know God heard my prayer here.  So many miracles lined up.

The inspiration about Magic 8 Balls came while reading, several days before.
I couldn't get the car in the shop for 4 more days, on Monday.
The reminder to post came Tuesday morning, and it was posted.
I missed the school bus on Wednesday, causing drama and even tears, as I asked the school administrators to consider (again) moving the stop for the kids' safety. (Ack!)
I had to sit in the office on Thursday, rather than just dropping off the car Wednesday night.
My husband was moody on Thursday morning, adding to my poor mood.
I had to take 4 kids to the bus stop that morning, as a reminder of how much I dislike the drive.
The Emotion Code was my book of choice, and I actually got time to read it.
It cleared up my understanding about tools used to discern and learn truth.
The mechanic walking in the office led my attention to the desk, where the Magic 8 Ball sat.
The AHA moment was had.

This was a miracle.

Walk in LOVE this day.  God is watching and DOES love you and me.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience! Thanks for posting this follow up. It truly was a miracle. This just brightened up my day! Fighting off a cold, and I tend to be a little grumpy when my body isn't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! I hope you're feeling better by now. Will pray for some healing your way either way!

      Delete

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.