Saturday, June 27, 2015

50+ Years of Love and Marriage

My dad always tells people on each birthday that he's turning 29.  Tonight my sister and family friends threw a 50th Anniversary party for my parents.  It was the cutest surprise party I think I've seen.  My mom was truly surprised.


My dad kinda caught on as he saw all the cars outside. :)  He joked with one of his friends in attendance that even though he was celebrating 50 years of marriage,  he was still 29.  He asked his friend how it felt to be 31.

Today while pretending not to be on Facebook, I read this, copied from someone who also copied someone else's quote.  I thought it was really worthwhile.  I hope they won't mind me copying it without citation.  If the author ever discovers this and would attrition, I'm happy to add their name.  I thought it was pretty interesting insight, especially regarding the concept of marriage.

My thoughts today. I saw that 'in honor of' the Supreme Court's decision today, the White House was being lit up like a rainbow tonight. What of this rainbow?
When we see the rainbow, we think we are remembering God's promise to not flood the earth, but JST teaches something different. The rainbow is really the token given to Enoch in relation to the everlasting covenant and Noah's seed:
JST Genesis 9:14 And a commandment I give unto you, Be ye fruitful and multiply; bring forth abundantly on the earth, and multiply therein. 15 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold, I will establish my covenant with you, which I made unto your father Enoch, concerning your seed after you.
21 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant, which I made unto thy father Enoch; that, when men should keep all my commandments, Zion should again come on the earth, the city of Enoch which I have caught up unto myself.
22 And this is mine everlasting covenant, that when thy posterity shall embrace the truth, and look upward, then shall Zion look downward, and all the heavens shall shake with gladness, and the earth shall tremble with joy;
23 And the general assembly of the church of the firstborn shall come down out of heaven, and possess the earth, and shall have place until the end come. And this is mine everlasting covenant, which I made with thy father Enoch.
24 And the bow shall be in the cloud, and I will establish my covenant unto thee, which I have made between me and thee, for every living creature of all flesh that shall be upon the earth.
25 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant which I have established between me and thee; for all flesh that shall be upon the earth.
Isn't it interesting that the lifestyle supported by this new rainbow completely negates the covenant God made--rendering impossible the command to multiply and replenish the earth? It is prophecied that there will come a time when the Lord's token will be withdrawn and that when that occurs the end comes quickly. Could it be that the Nation's acceptance of this new (counterfeit) symbol of the rainbow will bring about the withdrawal of the Lord's true symbol of his covenant?

Tonight I watched my parents smash cake in one another's faces in celebration of 50 years.  They both came out smiling.  I have been born of very, very goodly parents.  They have multiplied and replenished the earth.  They have held strongly to their commitments and covenants in a world of increasing confusion and moral uncertainty.  They are loving to one another despite years of trials.  They are patient, kind, impatient, forgiving, hard working Americans.  They are proud yet humble, rich yet poor, backwards yet upstanding, fine, fine souls.  I love them with all my heart, and am beyond grateful for their tireless example of motherhood and fatherhood, grandmother- and grandfatherhood.  I keep telling them that they are not permitted to die, but must be translated, because I honestly could not live without them.

Their anniversary was actually about 2 weeks ago.  They always say they have two anniversaries, because they were married one day, and then sealed in the Salt Lake Temple a year and a day later.  (Or was it two years?)

Today is also the 171st anniversary of Joseph Smith's death.  How grateful I am for him for the work which transpired through his hands.  The whole concept of my life's work and aspirations would not be remotely what they are without Joseph.  Had my parents not independently converted to the LDS Church, my life would have likely been quite different.

Additionally I want to express gratitude and blessings towards Denver Snuffer.  I admit I marginalized Joseph's work in large measure, believing him to only have received part of the picture before he died.  Denver has done such an immense job at reminding me that Joseph alone has seen the heavens open to such a vast degree, and there have been few if any who have accomplished what he (Joseph) has for the returning of our hearts to the fathers.  Today Denver shared a beautiful memorial of Joseph Smith's work.  Those who are not willing to give Denver's message a chance, based on someone else's poor explanations, should really consider the climate of their hearts and reconsider where their fears and their trust lie.  Through his writings I have remembered Joseph in such a degree that my life has remarkably grown increasingly awakened.  Thank you, Jesus, for allowing me to have their influence in my life.  

To my parents, here's to 50 more years!  #1MOM and #1DAD.  Love love love you.  May you live long and prosper! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.