Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Moving Trees


Have you ever wondered what it'd be like to be able to tell a mountain to move, and it would?  I never thought about it much, besides the idea that it's referred to in the scriptures, and it seemed like a feat I would likely never achieve in this life.

But Jacob says it's possible.  And not only possible, he says that "we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea." (Jacob 4:6)  That doesn't mean that he could if he wanted to.  It means that he did, because he says "we truly can" (italics added).  As if it happened on more than one occasion.

(photo source)
What kinds of faith would you need to have, to move a tree like this, roots and all, by power-filled words?

What kinds of life changes would need to get you there?  Is it worth it?  Since it's possible, wouldn't it be worth it to try?  To investigate the possibility?

Pretty dang cool to me.  Thanks Brother Jacob.

~Jen;)
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted a reason to do something like that. Though, in reality it is exactly the same principle that governs whether or not a sick person will be healed when hands have been placed on their head and a command is given to be whole. It just depends on the need and the faith. I can't say as I've ever NEEDED a tree to move, but I honestly hope that one day I will!

    ReplyDelete

Has this post affected you for good? Please share your thoughts.